Low Commodity Prices---Challenges for this spring’s Planting
- With low commodity prices, how are you approaching this spring’s planting season to make 2016 a profitable year?
- Are you feeling you need to make a few cutbacks?
- Do you cut back on fertilizer rates based on soil samples?Do you forgo some of the soil samples you normally take?
- Do you change the seed treatment on the seed you plant?
- Do you plant one hybrid verses another because it is a few bucks cheaper?
- Do you plant more corn and cut back on soybeans or vice versa?
- Will a decision you make now to save a little, actually cost you come fall?
There are many options to save a penny here and there. Sound decision making is critical with low commodity prices. Sometimes it is just getting back to the basics. Chances are -- it “IS” going to be a challenging year!
What are some key items that bring the best return from each field planted?
Tech_268 - Crop Input Decisions